ApolloCon 2011 Con Suite
The ApolloCon Con Suite exists to provide a place for you to relax, meet people, and enjoy a snack and a soft drink during the weekend. The Con Suite is open to all: con members, guests, and staff - anyone with a valid ApolloCon 2011 badge. We serve coffee, tea, water, and sodas. A variety of finger foods, hors d'oeuvres and sandwich fixings will be available. Food and drink will be self-serve, unless otherwise noted.
For more info on the Con Suite at ApolloCon 2011, please e-mail our Con Suite Directors.
Con Suite Rules
The following rules apply to the Con Suite:
- NO BOOZE - there will be no alcoholic beverages in the Con Suite. The room is open to all ages, and our contract with the hotel prevents any official ApolloCon function from serving alcoholic beverages. (Keep in mind, independent room parties are NOT official ApolloCon functions.)
- PLEASE MIND YOUR CHILDREN - Con Suite rules state that ALL CHILDREN AGES 12 AND UNDER MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A PARENT OR GUARDIAN AT ALL TIMES. While we will have activities for all ages in the Suite, there is NO childcare or babysitting service available. UNSUPERVISED CHILDREN ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE CON SUITE - ANY FOUND WILL BE GIVEN FIVE CUPS OF COFFEE, A NEW PUPPY, AND THEN RETURNED TO YOU! (Joking... maybe.)
- BE NICE - the Con Suite is all about hospitality, defined by the Random House Abridged Dictionary as "the friendly reception and treatment of guests and strangers." It's a rule of the Con, and a rule of the Suite. Be kind and considerate to everyone.
- BE HEALTHY - Con Crud is real, and we want you all to enjoy the entire weekend. Wash your hands regularly, and use the utensils provided when serving yourself in the Con Suite.
- BE CONSIDERATE - All Con Suite food and drink must be kept in the designated area, Rm 717.Our contract with the hotel specifies that ApolloCon food and drink cannot be taken out of that area.
Con Suite Hours
Con Suite hours are currently as follows:
- FRIDAY - 12 pm to 3 am
- SATURDAY - 8 am to 3 am
- SUNDAY - 8 am to 3 pm
(These hours are subject to change.)
We are planning some things for this year's Con Suite which we hope you'll like. We look forward to seeing you at ApolloCon 2011!
Programming and guests subject to change without notice
check back for updates