Some of you might be saying to yourselves, "I live in Houston, so why should I get a hotel room?" or even "I'm from out of town but I have friends in Houston, so why should I get a room?"
Well, here, for your edification and possible amusement, are some reasons why we think you should consider getting a room at our hotel for ApolloCon 2009:
- The more room nights are booked for the con, the lower the cost of our function space and the more money we can put into what you do, rather than where you do it.
- Less time on the highways and more time at the con.
- Spend less money on gas.
- Easier to hit the early panels and the late parties.
- More opportunities to hunt elusive guests and guests-of-honor in the hallways.
- Late night filk.
- Cable TV.
- A large part of the socializing and networking happens in the late evening. Sometimes in the really late evening. Sometimes so late in the evening that it looks remarkably like morning.
- Remarkably like morning. Like sunrise, even.
- The con suite stays open late.
- 24-hour gaming.
- Hotel Pool.