The DoubleTree Houston Intercontinental Airport
The nearby Airport is the Bush Intercontinental Airport
- Standard - single through quad occupancy (king or two doubles) - $85.00 + tax per night
- Deluxe - single through quad occupancy (king) - $95.00 + tax per night
- Suites - $199.00 + tax per night
- Party Floor - single through quad occupancy (king) - $85.00 + tax per night
If you have questions or problems regarding room reservations, room parties, or other issues related to the hotel, contact the Hotel Liaison.
BE SURE TO SAY YOU ARE WITH APOLLOCON to ensure you get our rate! If you choose to reserve at a different rate, be sure to ask them to associate your room with ApolloCon so we know you are One of Us!
The DoubleTree has indicated that they will do their best to group ApolloCon rooms together. If you want to be on a quiet floor (i.e., not on the same floor as the ConSuite), be sure to say so!
15747 John F. Kennedy Blvd.
Fax: 281 590 8461
Some features of our hotel:
- Tropical Courtyard with Pool
- Plenty of FREE parking
- Workout room for hotel guests
- Derricks Saloon in the hotel (Bar)
- Oakley's restaurant in the hotel
- Taco Bell within walking distance to hotel
- The Kettle just across the street
If your club or organization is planning a room party for ApolloCon 2009, welcome!
ApolloCon will arrange to have room parties clustered in one area, in order to maximize access by the members of the conference and to minimize any impact to non-partying guests in the hotel. You should make prior arrangements to be included in the room party area by contacting the Hotel Liaison. Include the words ApolloCon Room Party in the subject line. In the email, provide the following information:
- The name of your organization, and/or the event you are promoting.
- The primary contact person and alternate contact person (preferably with phone numbers as well as email addresses).
- The name of the person on the hotel room reservation.
- The hotel reservation confirmation number.
- What night(s) you will be hosting a party (Friday and/or Saturday)
When you arrive at the conference, the hotel should have your reservation name pre-booked into a specific room in the party area. We do this in order to make sure all parties have a home in the party area. Parties not in their assigned locations will be asked to close.
Note: If there is a problem with your room location when you check in, contact the Hotel Liaison or another member of the ApolloCon Committee. Do not attempt to change your room location through the hotel staff.
Room Party Rules:
Room parties are subject to the rules of the conference.
We strongly encourage responsible social gatherings. Please be considerate of other guests in the hotel. We would prefer not to have any complaints at all, from conference members, hotel guests or hotel staff. ApolloCon reserves the right to close room parties that violate conference or hotel rules.
Parties will be located on a non-smoking floor of the hotel.
Room parties must be held within a guest room, and should not spill out into the hallways. No food or drinks of any kind should be brought into the hallways or other areas of the hotel.
Please contact the Hotel Liaison if you have any questions.