WHO IS OUR CHARITY: Youth Advocates, Inc (YA)
WHAT SERVICES THEY PROVIDE: Youth Advocates provides services to youth in the Houston area.
- individual and group counseling
- eductational support and tutoring
- alternative activities
- substance abuse education
- life skills training
- health care services
- job search assistance
... and more.
WAYS YOU CAN HELP: You can help our charity efforts by doing any of the following:
- Donate items to our Silent Auction. If you want your item listed on the website or in the program book, please e-mail our Charity Auction Coordinator.
- Donate new or gently-used books to our charity book drive. Drop boxes will be located at key locations including the Con Suite, Registration and Operations.
- Bid on auction items. The Charity Auction items will be on display across from the Volunteer station.
WHAT YOU CAN BID ON: Here are some of the featured auction items:
- A signed ARC of Seanan McGuire's Rosemary & Rue which will be released in September 2009.
- More items will be listed here as information is received.
HOW TO BID: Bidding is easy.
- Each item has a bid sheet.
- Write your name and badge number on the bid sheet.
- If you are the first bidder, you may elect to purchase the item outright for the "immediate sale" price.
- Otherwise, enter your bid on the bid sheet.
- Items not bought via the immediate sale option will either go to the highest bidder or be auctioned at the joint art/charity auction on Saturday evening. This is at the discretion of the charity coordinator and the auctioneers.
For more info on the Charity Auction at ApolloCon 2009, please e-mail our Charity Auction Coordinator.