The ApolloCon Con Suite exists to provide a place for you to relax, meet people, and enjoy a snack and a soft drink during the weekend. The Con Suite is open to all: con members, guests, and staff - anyone with an ApolloCon 2008 badge. We serve coffee, tea, water, and sodas. A variety of finger foods, hors d'oeuvres and sandwich fixings will be available. Also available will be the famous (or infamous) ApolloCon Chili. Food and drink will be self-serve, unless otherwise noted.
The following rules apply to the Con Suite:
- NO BOOZE - there will be no alcoholic beverages in the Con Suite. The room is open to all ages, and our contract with the hotel prevents any official ApolloCon function from serving alcoholic beverages. (NOTE: independent room parties are NOT official ApolloCon functions.)
- PLEASE MIND YOUR CHILDREN - ApolloCon rules state that all children ages 12 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times - this applies most especially in the Con Suite. While we will have activities for all ages in the Suite, there is NO childcare or babysitting service available. UNSUPERVISED CHILDREN ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE CON SUITE - ANY FOUND WILL BE GIVEN FIVE CUPS OF COFFEE, A NEW PUPPY, AND THEN RETURNED TO YOU! (Joking... maybe.)
- BE NICE - the Con Suite is all about hospitality, defined by the Random House Abridged Dictionary as "the friendly reception and treatment of guests and strangers." It's a rule of the Con, and a rule of the Suite. Be kind and considerate to everyone.
- BE HEALTHY - Con Crud is real, and we want you all to enjoy the entire weekend. Wash your hands regularly, and use the utensils provided when serving yourself in the Con Suite.
- BE CONSIDERATE - All Con Suite food and drink must be kept in the designated areas - the two rooms labeled "Con Suite" and the elevator lobby immediately outside of those two rooms (the "ApolloCon Café"). Our contract with the hotel specifies that ApolloCon food and drink cannot be taken out of that area.
Con Suite hours are currently as follows:
- FRIDAY - 2 pm to 3 am
- SATURDAY - 8 am to 3 am
- SUNDAY - 8 am to 8 pm
- (These hours are subject to change.)
We are planning some things for this year's Con Suite which we hope you'll like. We'll post the room information here when we've confirmed it. We look forward to seeing you at ApolloCon 2008!
PLEASE NOTE: If you have donated to the Con Suite in the past, and/or are thinking of donating to the Con Suite this year, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE contact us FIRST. While we appreciate any and all donations, our Con Suite survey responses indicate definite preferences in what brands and types of food and drink are available - also, due to budgetary constraints, it's important that we know what's being donated, to prevent unnecessary duplication. Thank you.
Results from the Consuite survey may be found here: